What are cookies?
Cookies are files that may be downloaded to your device from websites. They are tools that play an essential role in providing numerous information society services, including allowing a website to store and retrieve information regarding a user’s or a device’s browsing habits and, depending on the information obtained, they may be used to recognise the user and improve the service provided.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity managing the domain from which the cookies are sent and processing the data obtained, two types may be distinguished:
- Own cookies: Any that are sent to the user’s device from a unit or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Any that are sent to the user’s device from a unit or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained via the cookies.
If the cookies are installed from a unit or domain managed by the publisher but the information they collect is managed by a third party, the cookies cannot be considered own cookies.
There is also a second category that depends on the length of time the cookies remain stored in the client browser, making them:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user visits a website. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest for providing the service requested by the user once (e.g. a list of products being purchased).
- Permanent cookies: The data remains stored on the device and can be accessed and processed by the cookie controller for a defined period of time, which can range from minutes to several years.
Lastly, there is one more category with six types of cookies that depend on the purpose for which the obtained data is processed:
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services provided on them, such as controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, logging in to restricted areas, remembering items in an order, running the purchase process for an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security components during browsing, storing content for dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some predefined characteristics of a general nature, depending on a series of criteria on the user’s device, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, the region setting from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: They allow their controller to track and analyse the behaviour of users of websites that they are linked to. The information collected via this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the website, app or platform and to create browser profiles for the users of those sites, apps and platforms, in order to make improvements depending on data analysis of how the users use the service.
- Advertising cookies: They afford the most efficient management of advertising space possible.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: They store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous monitoring of their browsing habits, which means a specific profile can be created and advertising shown according to it.
Deactivating and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device through your browser settings. If you deactivate cookies, some of the available services may no longer work. Each browser has its own method for disabling cookies, but you can normally do it through the Tools or Options menu. You can also visit the browser´s Help section where you will find instructions on how to disable them. The user may choose which cookies it wants to work on this website at any time.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device through the browser settings for your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer...
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-site-prefere...
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/en/privacy-and-security/managing-cookies/
- Opera: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
You can also use tools such as the following to manage which cookies are stored in your browser:
Cookies used on www.r2hotels.com
The cookies used on this portal are identified below, along with their type and function:
Accepting the cookies policy
You can perform the following actions when you see this information:
- Accept cookies: You will not see this disclaimer again when you visit any page on the portal during this session.
- Close: The disclaimer is hidden on the current page.
- Change your settings: You can obtain more information regarding what cookies are, learn about the cookies policy for www.r2hotels.com and change your browser settings.